Wednesday, June 25, 2008

Day One: Inner Happiness begins at home

Has kalyug really entered, or is it that we've made it?

That's the question that I think the answer would be us, even for a believer or an atheist.


The question that I've started asking myself everyday is:

'What I've really done rightfully selflessly, to give someone true happiness?'

The answer I did not get for a past few days. I was being so selfish as to ask others to waste their resources over my hurts and bruises, that I forgot theirs.


I feel that at the end of the day, when we lay down on our beds, before taking the rest to our tired souls, we should ask ourselves this.

However, jokes apart, I think this is more sort of a check by jury mechanism rather than a progressive one. I mean like, it's more of quality control, rather than being a developmental one.

So, today I have come up with,

'What can I do today rightfully, selflessly, to give someone happiness?'

I asked this today myself just the first thing after I got up, and the first answer i got was:

'Hug your mom and dad, and say, "I love you." '

And I did. And it really gave them happiness...

Happiness, I strongly feel is not made up in things. It is made in hearts. True souls, hearts selfless, are eternally happy, and more than that, they are in state of bliss. Besides that, it does also contributes a lot to inner strength and happiness.

I'm glad I've implemented the first answer, and I will continue doing it. That will surely spread happiness in my caring family.

1 comment:

Karthikeyan said...

The world is abound with oppurtunities to spread happiness and goodness. Let me show you one...
http://www.manavya.org/gokul.html